View Single Post
Old 07-06-2010, 03:07 PM   #5
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhuxi13 View Post
I'm curious to know how that is not enough? Do you think that I planned this a year ago when I joined the forum and selected the name just because I had found a picture with that name on it???

How is it any different for me to load the book and post a picture of it in front of my screen? If I am able to post a picture of the reader with my username, that certainly means I have access to the device and that I could go through those steps as well.

I know that you probably think you are doing people a service by posting this "warning," but I do you mind if I ask what gives you the right to warn people against my sale? You do realize don't you that you are basically accusing me of being a lying thief with no real reason?

I, myself, was upfront about not having a long history and explained it... it is not as if I was trying to hide anything and it is up to the members on the forum to decide whether or not to trust it. This is all pointless since the item has been sold... but I really would like to know how your proposed plan to get me to upload that book and take a picture with this thread is any different from having my name on a card next to the reader.
The problem is that someone else recently took a photo of a reader from eBay and changed the name on the paper in the photo to that of the user. It's too easy to do that. What's needed is something that we would know is not from a photo someone else has taken and you've edited.

It's not your sale that's the problem. Someone else posted the same sort of photo and it was spam. If you really are legit, then you should have no issue making a new photo with proof positive that you are selling the reader.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote