View Single Post
Old 01-09-2010, 05:09 AM   #5
Ea
Wizard
Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3|iPad air|iPhone 4S
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
I would like to read outside my norm.

I have a good idea of what is available in the Fantasy and Sci-Fi areas, excluding these two areas what work of fiction would you recommend written after 1901.
That's, uh, quite a wide field you're left with :P Do you like literary/intellectual writing, historical, very modern or closer to 1900? Social realism or the more fantastic, or crime/mystery, humour?

Something that is probably quite outside what you normally read - and a bit of a page-turner, is "Fingersmith" by Sarah Waters.

I can't say I have one no. 1 read - it all depends on mood - and as I have discovered, my taste has developed quite a bit over the last 20 years.
Ea is offline   Reply With Quote