View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 08:27 AM   #15
Sparrow
Wizard
Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sparrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, CyBook Gen3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Dickens is not a childrens' author - you need to be an adult to appreciate his wonderful satirical view of Victorian society.
I think that's where a good teacher is invaluable.

I remember as a child waiting for that fateful day when I would wake up as an 'adult', and everything would become easy to understand - decades later and I'm still waiting .

I'm glad I got introduced to classic lit at school - the earlier, the better imho.
Sparrow is offline   Reply With Quote