View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 08:19 PM   #9
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcolor View Post
Q1> If I do ipconfig/all. I see my wireless card in my PC has an IP address of 192.168.0.5

Do I suppose to change this to 192.168.15.1??? If I did, I would lose my internet connection. And the putty still does not work
The USB network device is a separate network connection that is completely independent of your PC wireless network.

The USB network whould have a device name that includes RNDIS. Each network device needs to be on a different IP subnet. 192.168.15.x is the IP network for you kindle and for the host PC RNDIS device. Some posts and documents suggest using 192.168.15.1 for the host PC, which is not recommended (even though it should work okay) because some of the kindle diagnostics require the host PC to be 192.168.15.201 and using anything else will just cause conflicting advice and unneeded confusion.

The kindle side of the connection is 192.168.15.244, and the PC side should be 192.168.15.201.

Do not change the IP address of your PC wireless connection.

Last edited by geekmaster; 12-06-2012 at 08:26 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote