View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #10
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmhs2004 View Post
Thanks for your answer,

I followed the instructions of the guide for "noobs". https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=180789

But I could not make the kindle touch enter diags mode (step 8), however the only thing I've done differently is associated with the file "kernel_5.0.0" found fallen on the link provided by the guide. Instead I used the following files on page: http://sebsauvage.net/paste/?09db6d9710295c82 # Fl5Yz + HWOQeErDTOH1IaUFYPh60IdMNowVzg6V43i2I =.

kernel 5.0.0 -> as kernel partition file.
diags_kernel 5.0.0 -> diags partition file.

Please could you tell me if the files I'm using for this purpose are correct?, Or if I'm reading correctly the guide?.

My native language is Spanish and I apologize for my English, because I have not found so specialized forums in my language.
Your link doesn't work. And you seem to be confusing "kernel" and "partition". (Though I acknowledge that this is probably partly due to fastboot labeling everything as a "partition", which is misleading)

Anyway, here is an example that should be working:
Code:
# all files are from the ixtab.tk mirror, and are gzipped.
fastboot flash diags_kernel kt_5.0.0-kernel_diags
fastboot flash diags kt_5.0.1-mmcblk0p2_diags+ssh.img
fastboot flash kernel kt_5.1.2-kernel_main
#... in diags, use kt_5.1.2-mmcblk0p1-main+jb+kjb+ssh.img for the main partition.
Note that I may have gotten the fastboot syntax slightly wrong, this is written from memory, and I don't have the tool around.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote