View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 03:15 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrollins View Post
Hi dwanthny, thanks for trying to help. I have windos 7 as an OS. I have never had a problem with any of the previous downloads.

when i try to install the latest version, i get as far as Calibre setup with 3 options ;

Change

repair

Remove

intead just going foward with the intallation. I am not a technical guy I like the software and im nto sure what (if anything ) im doing wrong. I get a message saying ' a network error occurred while attempting to read from this file
I am not a W7 type (XP yes)
Network error? are you installing to a Network Drive (mount) instad of a Local Drive?

From the Control Panel, Add/Remove Remove Calibre (your Library is left alone. Just remember where you left it for the install).

After the remove completes. Locate the Calibre2 folder (it is in Program files on XP) and delete the folder .

Just for Grins reboot.

Now try the install of Calibre with the MSI file on a Local Drive.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote