View Single Post
Old 10-21-2010, 12:09 PM   #12
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco Witter View Post
I tried to make a column based on the title, so it would extract the number in series from it, but I can't seem to make it work.
I used this template: {title:[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]}
thinking this would return only the number.
Assuming that your naming structure is uniform, what you want is something like
{title:re( (\d\d\d\d) ,\1)}
Quote:
Would love to check if the title starts with 'Perry Rhodan' and returns the number automatically.
You have lost me. Why are you checking for Perry Rhodan? Is this the only example where the hierarchy is needed?
Quote:
This way I can use another automatic column with only the first three characters etc.
so I would have these columns:
NumberInSeries1 (containing: 0001, 0002,.. 0100, 0101, etc.) (complete)
NumberInSeries2 (containing: 000, 001, etc.) (tenths)
NumberInSeries3 (containing: 00, 01, etc.) (hundreds)
NumberInSeries4 (containing: 0, 1, etc.) (thousands)

and the template would be something like:
{#NumberInSeries4}000-{#NumberInSeries4}999/{#NumberInSeries3}00-{#NumberInSeries3}99/{#NumberInSeries2}0-{#NumberInSeries2}9/{title}
You can get the numberInSeries column as follows:

column nis: {title:re( (\d\d\d\d) ,\1)}
column nis1: {nis:re((.)...,\1)}
column nis2: {nis:re(.(.)..,\1)}
column nis3: {nis:re(..(.).,\1)}
column nis4: {nis:re(...(.),\1)}

and the template would be something like
{#nis4:||000-}{#nis4:||999/}{#nis3:||00-}{#nis3:||99/}{#nis2:||0-}{#nis2:9/}{title}
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote