Thread: Serial Question
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2013, 09:37 PM   #9
lporter
lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.lporter can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Update: Got serial to work. Tried the level converter, that didn't work for me. Used an arduino to read the serial - that works perfectly. Maybe my converter is dodgy. Stuck a socket on the chassis of my kindle so I can use the serial port all the time.

I have a question - If I have access to the serial port, is my kindle basically unbrickable? I ask this because I am doing all sorts of flashing to try to get android to boot and I don't want to toast my device.
lporter is offline   Reply With Quote