View Single Post
Old 12-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #8
Yapyap
Guru
Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Yapyap ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, iPad 3, Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
My first e-reader was the Sony PRS-505, which I liked at the time, but which got discarded the moment I got my Kindle 3 - I liked the Sony's organisation system and metal body better, but the Kindle's Pearl screen was a huge improvement and getting books on it from the computer was much easier (for some reason the Sony didn't always show up when I connected it to the computer via USB).

I was also very happy with the Kindle 3 until new gadget fever kicked in again and I got the Paperwhite. I haven't done anything with the K3 since getting the Paperwhite a few months ago.

I planned to give the K3 to my mother but she wants to use large fonts and therefore I ended up giving her my 1st generation iPad just a couple of weeks ago. She's now read one book on the Kindle app and seems happy with using it as a reader.

I also own a brand new iPad 3 and a smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S2), both with several reader apps installed, but I don't consider either of them an e-reader. I've yet to try reading on the new iPad (I managed a couple of books on the old one but didn't feel comfortable with it due to the backlight and the way random stuff in the room, e.g. lamps or windows, reflected from the screen) and the phone screen is just too small for me to be comfortable with it.
Yapyap is offline   Reply With Quote