View Single Post
Old 09-18-2012, 03:10 PM   #667
Kai771
Just a Noob
Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Kai771 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3
@twobob and others
Quote:
dont use cinnamon 13 imho. mint lxde much more stable. cinnamon has 'issues' it hangs randomly.
I don't really use Linux Mint 13 Cinnamon. I just happened to have the iso, and when tigran suggested that maybe my distro was causing me problems when compiling emulation mode (it turned out he was right - but dave2008 fixed Makefile so it works on Ubuntu now), I tried it on cinnamon. I know that cinnamon has ubuntu as base, and if I really wanted to change the distro I should've went for something else, but since I already had the iso, I thought I might give it a go. (I was going to download FC12, since tigran said he was using that one, but it was 3GB - kinda large - so I tried cinnamon first). Stability of the distro aside, compiling KindlePDFViewer following the guide DOES work.

@dracodoc
Quote:
Great guide. I think you can put it into the github site wiki.
I'm glad you like it. I don't know how to edit wiki, but if you or someone else wants to do it (or use it for whatever) please just go ahead.

@tigran
Quote:
I was going to mention this point, but the solution (if one really wants to run emulator in DX mode) is to go to your Monitor Settings and enable panning with vertical dimension big enough --- this solves
My laptop only has 768 vertical resolution, so I can't see even the full 600x800 - the lower part of the Emulation window ends up in lower virtual desktop. This may sound stupid, but how about adding vertical scrollbar to Emulator window and enabling window resizing? Not feasible? Feasible but hard?
Kai771 is offline   Reply With Quote