View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 04:53 PM   #64
Matthew Malone
Matthew Malone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Matthew Malone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Matthew Malone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Matthew Malone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Matthew Malone has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: none
I'm fairly annoyed that all these places force authors to use their (the ebook sites') conversion processes, which are normally pretty subpar. I have a professionally formatted ebook that I put quite alot of effort into with InDesign, then also tweaked the formatting on the ePub and MOBI in Oxygen, and I get onto these sites like Smashwords and Feedbooks and they want .doc files and copy paste text. I guess this is in part to cater to people who don't have the knowledge to design a book, and/nor the software, as well as needing to maintain a common formatting style for everything on their sites. But it is frustrating. Are there no sites that allow authors to publish their own formating that follows all the technical guidelines for PDF, ePub, and MOBI? gigapedia is the only site I know of. I'm going to crawl through the ebook Architects and try to find some there.

Last edited by Matthew Malone; 07-08-2010 at 05:03 PM.
Matthew Malone is offline   Reply With Quote