View Single Post
Old 05-17-2013, 12:01 PM   #54
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Well, I'm going to have to give up before I've really started. I spent three hours and am not through the "A" authors. I was using Wikipedia and Google to determine the authors with death dates after 1942 and copying all the listed books in the library by those authors into an At Risk list. I was copying the ones by authors I couldn't find information on to an Unknown list. But this is incredibly tedious. There are a lot of translations and I usually can't find the death dates of the translator. There are illustrated books and have to find the illustrator's death dat, too. There are books by multiple authors and books by Various Authors. Books in languages I can't easily find transliterations for. And there are plenty of books by authors who died well after 1942 or are still living but have possibly allowed publication through Creative Commons or some other means. I could easily spend weeks at this and come up with a list that misses many and probably also has titles that shouldn't be in the list. Sorry, but I can't commit the time that's required to do this. Or at least not alone. If Alexander is doing this, I hope he's getting some help or has better tools available.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote