View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 08:31 PM   #27
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanghaichica View Post
Didn't people also say that the touch had a better display than the k3? And that has a lighter bezel.
All four of my K3s and my DXG have higher contrast than my K5 or either of my K4s. My three Nook Simple Touches are all better than my two K4s or my K5. Only my DX (white) is worse contrast than my K4s and my K5. I am looking forward to a comparision with my paperwhite with its light OFF when I get it. I hope it is better.

My two K4s were purchased about a month apart and came with different firmware versions. To the naked eye, their displays are identical to each other and to my K5. There is no visible variation between them, but they all have worse contrast than my 5 earlier K3/DXG units (and worse than all three of my Nook Simple Touches).

So, my personal experience is contradictory to what "people also say".

Last edited by geekmaster; 09-08-2012 at 08:46 PM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote