View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #75
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
The vast majority of people buying computers are not programmers and could careless about the code. They want something that works in their price point.

I understand why people like Apple products, they work, they are reliable, and they are less likely to get viruses. (shrugs) If people want to pay for that, then good for them.

I am fortunant to not be limited by cost so I can look for devices that work the easiest and where I don't have to think all that much. I don't program, don't want to program, and don't want to have to bash my head against walls trying to get things to work. I want a system that works, doesn't get a ton of bugs, and where I can do the things that I want.

For me that had lead to a tablet, I play games like Puerto Rico, Ticket to Ride, Catan, Cribbage, Spider ect... I use a spread sheet to track my infants food, bowel movements, and sleep patterns. I like to check my email and the internet. I went with an iPad because it works and because most of the people I know who play the games I like have an iPad so I could play with them easily.

When I decide it is time to get a new computer I might move from a PC to an Apple. They are more expensive, which annoys me, but they work and they tend to have fewer problems with viruses. Given that I do 90% of my day to day stuff on my tablet, I really need a desk unit for storing pictures, videos, and the occassional more heavy duty computing (which means it is easier to move my pictures from my camera to my desktop and build photo albums there.) Then again, I might just go with a really cheap DELL because all I need it for is the most basic of things.

Who knows.