View Single Post
Old 05-13-2010, 12:12 AM   #4
JimMcLaren
Addict
JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimMcLaren ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox T68, Kobo Aura HD, Pocketbook 302, Pocketbook 912, Nook HD+
I would have to agree with brainycat. I bought my PB 302 from tvpupsik two weeks ago and I am impressed, both with the 302 and with Tatiana's service. While the screen is shinier than the PRS 600 it's still easier to read on it. I bought a matte screen cover at protectionfilms24.com. They have one for the pocketbook 302 and it works great. I rarely notice any reflection.

I haven't noticed any problems like brainycat describes. My button assignments don't change and I don't have to calibrate the device. But I don't have it open up the book I was reading. I have it open to the menu instead. I have noticed that I can't page back in PDFs. I don't take notes but think I might experiment with that a little. Oh, and my screen does fade almost completely if I change the page in the sunlight. I understand that's fairly rare and is covered by warranty.

The biggest reason I bought the PB 302 instead of the Onyx Boox is that I don't have to use a stylus. I can do almost everything I want to with just my fingertip. I only need to use the stylus when I am drawing or setting the font style. There are probably other things I will need to use the stylus for but for day to day use (opening books, reading, bookmarking, etc.) I only use my fingertip. The Boox has a few more features but I'm confident the guys in Kiev will close that gap soon.

I have installed the fbreader that's listed in a sticky post at the top of this forum. That makes a huge difference in the reading experience. Just having 20 font sizes to choose from made a world of difference. It has very many more new features. You can install it side by side with the old fbreader and you'll see what I mean. Kudos to the guys who have been developing it.
JimMcLaren is offline   Reply With Quote