Thread: PRS-T2 Dictionaries on PRS-T2
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
Mark Nord
2B || !2B
Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Mark Nord can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS505/650/T1/tolino vision 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneT View Post
So my questions are:
- Is it true, that not 'all' available Sony dictionaries are loaded, depending on the country where you buy the device?
It is true, that the US/Canadian model only comes with 6 dictionaries
Quote:
6 built-in dictionaries

Utilize the 6 built-in dictionaries to look up a word or translate into English, French or Spanish.
See here

Whereas Sony.at states:
Quote:
Mehrsprachige Wörterbücher
2 ENGLISCH (Großbritannien/USA) und 10 WEITERE SPRACHEN (Französisch/ Spanisch/ Deutsch/ Niederländisch/ Italienisch)[/CODE]
see here

Quote:
- If this is true, where can I find information about which ones are loaded?
Hopefully you can trust your local Sony website, or try to get a sample into your hands - don't buy form US or Canada.

Quote:
- What is the quality of the dictionaries?
I can only judge from a PRS-650 and PRS-T1 and mainly the English-German one, which I consider rather good.

If you google for the dictionaries in the former models you will quite easily find a complete list and they are all premium, like oxford aso.

This might be also a reason for restricting dictionaries in the US/Canadian market. Than why to pay license fees for dictionaries never/rarely used there?
Mark Nord is offline   Reply With Quote