View Single Post
Old 12-10-2012, 02:31 PM   #10
PatNY
Zennist
PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PatNY ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod Touch, Sony PRS-350, Nook HD+ & HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
While it may not be breaking the law, it is still intentionally screwing over the company, and in my opinion, not the right thing to do morally. In my opinion, you are just trying to justify doing something that is wrong. If you wouldn't do it "if someone were in jeopardy of losing their job because of the error, or if the mistake were extremely costly to a small company struggling financially" in these cases, you shouldn't do it all. After all, how do you know someone won't get fired because you weren't honest enough to return something you didn't order.

I don't know. But that's where judgment and common sense come in. It's up to each individual to assess the situation and do what they deem fit. Take the ipad case, for instance. If the person returns the 4 iPads would that be likely to change either the company's bottom line significantly OR someone's job if it was in jeopardy? Definitely no for the bottom line. And highly unlikely for the job situation. I personally have had negative experiences with Best Buy online ordering -- specifically, ship to store -- where the left hand didn't know what the right hand is doing. So if an employee at Best Buy is going to be fired over the incident, the person doing the firing would probably not even be aware the customer returned the iPads.

At any rate, to compare a customer keeping 4 tablets sent to them by mistake to a multi-billion dollar corporation intentionally screwing over millions of people including tens of thousands of their own employees is quite a stretch.

--Pat
PatNY is offline   Reply With Quote