View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 05:27 AM   #36
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass
It would be better if you provide a sample RUNME.sh to recover mmcblk0p1 from a backup
I am extremely tired and busy, and I spent a lot of time that should have been used for more important projects, trying to debrick my touch. It got that way while testing unlikely corner cases, to prevent people from getting their usb drive erased...

All you need to do is boot from diags and do "dd if=/mnt/us/mmcblk0p1.img of=/dev/mmcblk0p1 bs=1024" inside the "*** your stuff here ***" part of the sample recommended code in the post...
I can do it in a couple of days, but I thought people who KNOW how to do it (as I showed above in this PM) can make use of it now and do not need to wait a couple more days.

I agree it would be better, but there is only ONE of me and I have MANY things to do. What you ask is EXTREMELY easy compared to what I am doing now. I hoped others would do the easy stuff if I released what I did now...

Last edited by geekmaster; 02-24-2012 at 06:04 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote