View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 02:39 PM   #1
All4Fun
Zealot
All4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-booksAll4Fun has learned how to read e-books

Device: iPad, Blackberry Bold
Looking for epub rendered as well as a pdf

I hope I convey my post appropriately...

It's well understood that pdf's strengths is that it can display or render text in a manner that the author/publisher intended.

Amongst other things, epubs strengths is that it is reflowable but also can render comparable to a pdf with some effort.

What I'm looking for is an example of a free (or not free) epub with some "eye candy" ( a mixture of text, graphics, charts, columns, whatever) similar to how it might look as a pdf.

I realize this is subjective and this is meant to stir the "pdf is bad as an ebook format" debate. However, I still have an affinity towards pdfs because of how well a document can be rendered and I'd like to see an example of an epub that rivals the presentation of a pdf.

Thanks
All4Fun is offline   Reply With Quote