View Single Post
Old 04-30-2014, 06:39 AM   #230
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Planting the Flag - 1.4

I've uploaded a final version of Planting the Flag.

Just a few, very small tweaks.

Spoiler:
After leaving this for a couple of weeks and returning to it, I've decided, reluctantly, that the spattered coolant had to go. The opening doesn't really need to state the weightlessness that early, and although the floating coolant is a nice image the important thing is to focus on the opening the box to get to the Geologist. With the coolant phrase the opening sentence is very long and clumsy - even without the commas around 'weightless' - and splitting the sentence into two doesn't seem to work.

I've also removed that exclamation point at the end of the Captain's joke, along with some commas that weren't needed, and I've put an 'and' in to one of the conjunctionless phrases.

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote