View Single Post
Old 10-12-2012, 09:57 AM   #38
Popup
Zealot
Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!Popup rocks like Gibraltar!

Device: kindle3, paperwhite-2012, Oasis-2016, paperwhite-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
That actually sounds quite normal - if the system is busy with one of its background tasks, such as rotating log files or indexing books.

If during all of this you made any changes to the contents of the user storage partition (the one you see over the usb cable - A.K.A: /mnt/us) it is very possible that the indexer is running.
Fifteen minutes sounds rather excessive though. I did a 'factory reset' not long ago (when the problem first appeared) and I've only got two books on the device.

And it did recognize those books when it booted this morning. Until I picked it up to pop the back on again...

I think I'll put it aside for a couple of days now. (With the battery removed in order not to drain it in case the CPU is stuck in an exception loop or equivalent.)
Popup is offline   Reply With Quote