Thread: New firmware
View Single Post
Old 04-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #587
paola
Wizard
paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.paola ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 903, (beloved Pocketbook 360 RIP), Kobo Mini, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by m@rcus View Post
It seems to me, that autoupdate is the safest working way. When I tryied autoupdate with image already downloaded on SD card, PB shows message like - image downloaded, do you want to update? After that, everything (with 1 reset because reader was not responding) went OK. I had downloaded NA version. Second try with LIBRI version was unsuccesfull - maybe PB has detected same number of version. Beacause of that, I cannot compare differencie between NA and LIBRI version. My advice - try to use autoupdate, it may work.

And Paola - try download new firmware with PC, transfer it to PB and then use autoupdate.
thanks for the tip - however, I am very stubborn , so insisted with the download (and suspect that the previous abort was due to the device going into sleep), and succeeded - with loads of book on the device. Not too sure where it was downloaded for, the info states: "Software version E903.2.0.6 20110331_125441"
paola is offline   Reply With Quote