View Single Post
Old 09-18-2010, 06:00 PM   #10
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by speakingtohe View Post
hmmm...
Perhaps I don't have something right.
Used to be when I sorted in calibre on series and sent to device that is how the books appeared (or am I just imagining things?)
Deleted a series of 52 books an resent them in series order and still in in alphabetical order.
Probably I have something set wrong somewhere.
Not a big deal anyway.
Helen
I just tried about 15 different ways of testing this, and it always worked for me. Now, of course, that doesn't mean much, because it isn't working for you. Frustrating. My wife often has computer 'glitches'. She calls me, I look at her screen, I see the remains of the glitch, I do what she did, and it works. She screams. She has decided that I am required to sit next to her while she is working, glaring at her computer, so it will work reliably.

Attempts at humor aside, lets see if we can make some progress.

First, books will be sorted in series order *only* in the collection that matches that series. In all other places, and especially collections built from tags, the books will be sorted in title_sort order.

Second, books will be sorted in collections order *only* if 'series' is in the collections box in device customization.

Third: if a tag and a series have the same value, then strange things will happen.

Any help?
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote