View Single Post
Old 07-11-2012, 01:21 PM   #13
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
(P.S. your argument is one that was raised against it on the other forum BTW.....was probably you eh? )
No, not me.

For what it's worth ... I am old enough to have read Dune when it came out, but I was in a different reading phase at the time. I'm just fairly certain that I've missed out on the opportunity of having Dune be influential to me and my reading. And who wants to be merely entertained by something that inspired so many in its prime? It'd sort of be like hearing Led Zeppelin for the first time at some rich kid's graduation party in the early '80s with friends who had conceived their children at their concerts in the '70s. We'd be seeing and hearing the same thing, but my friends would probably be much more "wowed" by their performance than I was.

P.S. And I'm not one to give a lot of literary credit to what many refer to as "In Depth World Building."

Last edited by DiapDealer; 07-11-2012 at 01:24 PM.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote