View Single Post
Old 09-17-2008, 02:20 PM   #15
Croker
Connoisseur
Croker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enoughCroker will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle Voyage, obv.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbusybookworm View Post
Unfortunately Amazon does not deign to sell to anyone who does not have a kindle registered to their Amazon account.

If you did have a kindle, bought books from Amazon, you may be able to read some of them on you sony if you are willing to strip of the DRM using Mobi DeDRM scripts(as Amazon .Azw files are just renamed .mobi books. Their .tpz/.azw1 books unfortunately cant be stripped as far as I'm aware) and run it through something like Caliber.
I suspected as much - well, I'm not shelling out $350 for a Kindle...I really don't like the look of them at all.

It seems that an enterprising character with a Kindle could place orders for books people wanted, remove the DRM, and send them on to the buyer, who would then pay them the cost of the book - a little like the system I saw proposed here before the Reader was released in the UK, to help people get books from Sony's US Connect store.

However, doubtless this will draw frowns for being illegal!
Croker is offline   Reply With Quote