View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
oh, it's very interesting, and worth reading, I think. But his argument jumps all over the place, with tangents going off in all directions and not always being brought back to the central argument. that's all I meant by incoherent.

I'm not sure that improvements in map making caused the scientific way of thinking, or if the scientific way of thinking caused improvements in map making.
My comment was my attempt at self-depricating humor. I do understand what you mean and agree somewhat. (It has been over a year since reading it) As the book was recommended by a professional group, contracted by my employer, I may not have discovered it on my own. I found it quite good even if a bit fragmented.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote