View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 02:06 AM   #12
9littlebees
Connoisseur
9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice9littlebees is just really nice

Device: Sony Xperia Arc; Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by John F View Post
The second one seems like a very big caveat. To say it "it basically works without any major issues whatsoever" when also saying "The section links in the main menu are very hard to select properly. I found it next to impossible to ..." seems rather contradictory?
Well, you have kind of misquoted me, as I go on to say that there is a workaround, but yeah, I can see the contradiction in stating that there are no "major issues whatsoever". I guess it's down to what I consider a "major issue".

I guess not seeing this as major is down to me being used to navigating the web on my Android phone. I have to zoom in any time there are links clustered together, so I see this as more of an issue with touch screen capability rather than an issue with the Glo itself.

The big clincher is how long it takes to change the font width. If it was a simple pinch to zoom feature like on Android and iOS, this would be a non-issue. But as it stands, having to pull up the font menu twice every time you want to go to the main menu (once to enlarge the menu, again when you get to the article to make the text smaller) would break the reading experience, but only if your preferred font size is quite small (like under 25% on the slider).

I'll add this to my Glo review and make a recommendation that Kobo implement a pinch to zoom capability for font size in future firmware / models. Might be difficult/impossible with the Glo's infrared touch technology, though...
9littlebees is offline   Reply With Quote