View Single Post
Old 02-21-2012, 11:49 AM   #6
scissors
Addict
scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.scissors ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs300, kindle keyboard 3g
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwig View Post
Actually, you can get decent images in ebooks, though the images need to be appropriate for the resolution available.

I've attached a MOBI demo with a map I had around as part of a possible project for an illustrated ebook. I've also attached the ePUB from which it was generated. (Please forgive the imprecise splitting of the map, this is just a quick test)

I've done a few illustrated ebooks that work well in MOBI format. You might check out "The Agony Column" by Earl Derr Biggers and Jerome K Jerome's "Three Men in a Boat" that I have post on this site: http://lp.happythursday.com
That's pretty good. However I'm working with open office to produce a doc file. I did try writer2epub to get an epub to maybe edit it sigil - but writer2epub just throws up a macro error. I don't have the patience for it.

I guess i'm going to make the map more of a simple line drawing...
scissors is offline   Reply With Quote