View Single Post
Old 10-20-2006, 12:19 PM   #1
WilliamG
Addict
WilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbitWilliamG with a running start, can leap into geosynchronous orbit

A few questions I hadn't seen answered, about the Sony Reader...

Having a slow day. Got me thinking of my Reader. Few questions for you all.

1.) Is there any fear of "burn-in" on the E-ink displays? I know there's ghosting or residual images on the display when you switch pages, but actual burn-in? Makes me paranoid to leave the system with a page displayed on it. That said, if the pixels are electromagnetic and are black or white, if you turn the unit "off," can you burn in a blank screen image?

2.) I have a few books in .lit format. I converted them to .html format and then copied and pasted the .html into a .txt file, using the ConvertLIT GUI application. So now I have the book in .txt format. However, it wasn't formatted quite right for the Reader when I put the file on it. So I would have some lines just fine, and other lines with just one or two words on it, and then the next line would be fine. Is there an application that can create a .txt with the correct dimensions for the Reader, so that this doesn't happen?

Thanks again, guys.
WilliamG is offline   Reply With Quote