View Single Post
Old 03-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #17
usuallee
Media Junkie
usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.usuallee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H20, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
The rules don't apply to me" is your attitude, is it? I take the view that if I choose to fly, I obey the rules, whether or not I happen to think they're silly. Flight attendants have enough to do without passengers who think they're "special".
Dude that is an excessively punctilious way of looking at things, in my opinion. You and I both know a wifi only Kindle on airplane mode is not really the target of the rule and couldn't possibly interfere with the functioning of an airplane in any way. I don't believe I'm special at all, but on the other hand I think for myself and apply my own knowledge, ethics, and morality to situations. Just as you do, HarryT, with stripping DRM from your books, which is expressly forbidden. So I guess you, too, feel that the rules don't apply to you, eh? So let's just pump the brakes on the sanctimonious, hypocritical handwringing, shall we?

If I really thought there was even a hint of danger or hassle for anyone, I wouldn't do it. I'm really a rather mild mannered guy, believe it or not. And incidentally, am no bother at all to flight attendants.

Last edited by usuallee; 03-26-2013 at 09:47 PM.
usuallee is offline   Reply With Quote