View Single Post
Old 08-29-2008, 07:19 PM   #30
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
And Tor sister company St. Martins is dipping its toe into the digital publishing waters, recently releasing the first two mysteries by Julia Spencer-Fleming as free downloads in PDF (both), Amazon Kindle (The first) and Sony Reader (both) formats, as a promotion for her third book, and to get folks to sign up for a mailing list.
Amazon offered Kindle editions of the first two books in the series for free -- which I "purchased" on 6 June. This was a promotion in advance of releasing the 6th book in the series. I have since purchased Kindle editions of #3 and #4, but I'm stymied because #5 is not available for the Kindle.

I wrote directly to Ms. Spencer-Fleming and she replied with the e-mail address of a contact at St. Martin's Press. I promptly wrote to this contact and have not received a reply.

Now, I find it easier to forgive TOR for giving us book #1 in lots of series with *none* of the follow-on books available. I can't figure out why in the world St. Martin has chosen to release 1-4 and 6 but not #5. Makes no sense at all.

Reverend Clare Fergusson series:
1. In the Bleak Midwinter (2002)
2. A Fountain Filled with Blood (2003)
3. Out of the Deep I Cry (2004)
4. To Darkness and to Death (2005)
5. All Mortal Flesh (2006)
6. I Shall Not Want (2008)
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote