Thread: Les Misérables
View Single Post
Old 02-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #38
RHWright
Addict
RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RHWright ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOK ST, Nexus 7
Putting aside the omitted text stylistics issue (D---), does anyone have an opinion on translations?

I'm slowly making my way through a Hapgood translation (from manybooks.net), but I'm not sure if it's the bare-bones formatting or translation slowing me down.

I don't want an abridged text, just something that flows naturally and is true to the original text. David Coward's Oxford World Classics Dumas translations were fine for me, as well as the Pevear Dostoyevsky translations in the 90s.

Not necessary that it be free, but that is a bonus.
RHWright is offline   Reply With Quote