Thread: MobileRead Discussion/Suggestion Thread
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 10:51 PM   #224
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
Will it matter if people vote for 3 or for 9? It can be people signalling all choices that they'd be happy to read and discuss. I'm not sure it's that important to keep it to an arbitrary figure. True, some may vote for all selections, but others may only vote for one or two. It would certainly be interesting to see the outcome.
Good points. If choosing a book that the greatest number of people are willing to read is the goal, then multiple voting should work towards that and it doesn't really matter how many books someone votes for. There might be more ownership and incentive to read the book if you voted for it, even if it was not your first or even third choice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by caleb72 View Post
I would, of course, prefer open voting and lots of healthy and fun discussion both during the vote and in the actual discussion thread. And I'd also like to see campaigning for different books - advertising the virtues of each book and gathering interest. Of course, all of that would be difficult to mandate, but it would be nice for the whole process to be part of the fun.
I agree. An open vote will promote discussion which will keep the thread near the top of the new posts list and hopefully attract more attention to the book club.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote