View Single Post
Old 04-05-2012, 04:21 PM   #364
rolexconfuse
Connoisseur
rolexconfuse began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleDe View Post
I am sorry, I do not understand you comment? I didn't say a thing about backlit vs non-backlit nor did I say anything about buttons. E-Ink is very frugal on power but cannot be changed very rapidly. Larger screens with more pixels take longer to change. Check the latest iPad which is heavier and more power hungry than it predecessor. It is certainly not under 1 lb nor is any like sized product on the market, e-Ink or LED. Nothing but E-ink begins to reach your targeted power consumption (battery life).
I understand that E-ink does not change very rapidly but have you seen the 6 inch B&N touch? It's 6 inches but that thing changes very fast, even faster than the Kindle DX. I understand there's a limit to how fast it can change and eventually you'll hit that mark with the currently technology. So I don't expect a larger display to change as fast as a 6 inch display but I would hope that it also won't take 60 secs to refresh either.

The new ipad takes more power and is heavier because of the increase resolution and screen type that they are using. The ipad2 was 1.18 lbs in weight which is pretty close to 1lb. But also remember that the ipads have larger battery due to the back lit screen. And it also uses aluminum instead of plastic or carbon fiber.
rolexconfuse is offline   Reply With Quote