Thread: PRS-T1 loving my prs-t1
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2011, 04:59 AM   #6
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
No Reader software = no wifi ..?

I agree with all about Calibre v. Reader but if you don't at least install it onto PC and sync, doesn't that mean you can't use the wifi capabilities that the T1 has ?
A criticism that Sony has answered with the introduction of the T1.

I appreciate there's no "non-wifi" model option, but isn't that the key point, you can now buy & d/load books wifi-ly without a PC ?

Nothing to stop you using it with Calibre in the "old-fashioned" way (store-PC-reader) if you want, naturally, and I'm not saying that's a bad approach if you don't need/want the bells and whistles. (i.e. have a non-wifi option but having paid for wifi capability !)

And you can still use the browser and also get free books from the likes of MR and Gutenberg, say, using the wifi.
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote