View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 07:21 PM   #13
TreborPugly
TreborPugly has learned how to read e-booksTreborPugly has learned how to read e-booksTreborPugly has learned how to read e-booksTreborPugly has learned how to read e-booksTreborPugly has learned how to read e-booksTreborPugly has learned how to read e-booksTreborPugly has learned how to read e-booksTreborPugly has learned how to read e-books

Device: Mobipocket reader on Blackberry, XO using FBreader, Kindle
I was a user of Book Collector for my physical library, and just had a bunch of files for my ebook library until I discovered Calibre. I find Calibre to be a much more flexible tool for a book database than Book Collector, so I worked out a kluge to create a Calibre library of my physical books.

I exported my book list in Book Collector to CSV, and then used Excel to generate command lines to create dummy text files with author, series, title, and isbn, and then imported them all into a fresh library on Calibre. I had a few ouliers with funky characters in the titles, and I'm still working through using Calibre to fetch meta data and covers for them, but once I've done that, I'll probably only maintain the Calibre library.
TreborPugly is offline   Reply With Quote