View Single Post
Old 07-10-2011, 08:39 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statch View Post
I use Calibre to manage all my ebooks, and it's wonderful. I know it has the capability to let me add in the metadata for my print books as well, and I've been thinking about doing that so I can stop using the spreadsheet I currently use to make sure I don't buy books twice . I have about 1700 ebooks in Calibre, and I would have to add the metadata for about 1300 print books to be able to stop using the spreadsheet.

It would be a lot of work, especially since I don't have the ISBNs for the print books in the spreadsheet, so much of it would have to be manual. On the other hand, it would save me the trouble of keeping the ebook records in two places (Calibre and the spreadsheet).

I'm curious to know how many people out there use Calibre to keep records on all your books, not just ebooks?
Absolutely.
Use Add from ISBN (when Available) You can even set a special tag.
For the rest of the (dead sea scrolls ), Add empty books and populate the Author, Title fields and see if there is Metadata .
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote