View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 01:28 PM   #1
Drift
Drift began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Drift: A Novel of Discovery

I have published my first ebook. If you are really interested, I will send it to you for free. You just have to tell 3 people about it.

www.driftnovel.com

Summary:
Carrie drove out to the railroad tracks with a 12-pack of beer and a gun. She was going to kill herself. But before she could muster the courage, a strange figure walking down the tracks made her see the world for what it really is and changed her life forever….

The thought of killing herself had only entered Carrie’s mind in the last few weeks. She used to think it was such a selfish thing to do. What could be so bad that you leave the people you love with a gaping hole full of sorrow and unanswered questions? “What was so wrong?” they would ask. “Could we have done something?” “Why did she do it?” “Why?, Why?, Why?”
It used to sound so sadistic to her.

But now… now Carrie saw it with fresh eyes—eyes that were teetering on the edge of the cliff and peering into the abyss. It’s everyone else that’s selfish, she thought. If people are that miserable that they are willing to take a chance on the unknown, then they should be allowed. The sadists would rather keep the bird in the cage for their own amusement.

It seemed that all her life she was striving for some dream—the great job, the house with the picket fence, the perfect husband, and the 2.5 kids. Just when she thought she might actually get it all, she realized the dream was only an illusion. With nothing left to lose, she decided that it was finally time to go. Little did she know that out on the railroad tracks she would meet a mysterious, handsome train hopper that seemed to have all the answers and an opportunity to live truly free from all illusions and just drift…

A review here: http://hospitalera.com/drift-by-sara-san-angelo/
Drift is offline   Reply With Quote