View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 11:40 AM   #11
AlPe
Digital Amanuensis
AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlPe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Several eReaders and tablets
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julien Pham View Post
So I would like to have your opinion about the Odyssey. And for those who had a Kobo as well, perhaps a little comparison between both.
I own an Odyssey, a Kindle 3 (now Kindle Keyboard) and an eDGe. But I had the chance of testing for a couple of days a friend's Sony PRS-T1.

The screen of the Odyssey looks a bit more gray than the T1 or the K3. But, in my opinion, it does not influence the reading experience that much. Overall, the Odyssey does a very good job when you want to read EPUBs and you want to fine-tune your reading experience (but they should include a setting for the margins, I agree.)

Pro's: many advanced settings while reading EPUBs, you can load your own fonts (!!!), side buttons for turning pages, aluminium back, you can create and use your own dictionaries

Con's: USB driver still to be fixed (new firmware: when???), power switch difficult to operate, no PDF reflow

If you have a chance of trying it, please proceed. As suggested above, if you want to get one, check that it does not have assembling problems (buttons, power switch, microUSB port).
AlPe is offline   Reply With Quote