View Single Post
Old 01-04-2010, 09:09 PM   #36
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaul1114 View Post
But I realize others have different needs and preferences. As I always say, there's a plenty of room for all kinds of devices from dedicated e-ink readers to LCD tablets to laptops and everything in between so we can all find the device(s) that suit our needs.
We can all agree with that statement.

For me, personally, the tablet seems more like an attempt to create a new money making category between laptop, netbook, and phone. As phone screens are approaching 4.5" they can easily take on most tasks that tablets seem designed for. Another simple approach would be to just create laptops with removable keyboards or see a tablet as a laptop/netbook replacement since you could use a USB or bluetooth keyboard. I would like that flexibility once I get the urge to replace my laptop. But that would mean that tablets will do to laptops what smart phones did to DAs, they would take over their market. I see tablets as less of a threat to e-ink in the short term, unless we get some real technological breakthroughs.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote