View Single Post
Old 01-21-2009, 12:05 PM   #68
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
the "new window" cannot leave the inside of the current window if i slide it to the side, it will disappear under the edge of the original window. what in god's name is the point of that ???
That's a "new page" in Opera's parlance. Many years ago, Opera was the first browser to have "tabs", and back then they were called "windows" (well, I think Opera calls them "tabs" now too). It was one of the features that made me love Opera at first sight. Instead of having the desktop full of browser windows, I could have my several open web pages in a single Opera window (with pages/tabs inside).

You can always right-click on the tab button (in the tab bar) and select "detach", that should create a new window at desktop level. Or you can go to Preferences > Advanced > Tabs > Additional tabs options and check "Open windows instead of tabs". Most things in Opera can be configured.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote