View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 02:46 PM   #25
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
If someone really wants the ebook version and the publisher refuses to make it available, there's a good chance that they will feel downloading the pirate copy is justifiable.
People in general seem to be able to justify anything that saves them money, or gets them what they want. Sad, but true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alisa View Post
Most folks I've talked to about illegally downloading music have no ethical problem with it. I know very few people with the level of ethical qualms about it that I see here. I don't expect books to be much different once reading devices become as common amongst the reading public as mp3 players are amongst music lovers. Sure, some people will always download stuff illegally, but I think most will buy the official copy if it's cheap and easy enough. Getting some money is better than getting no money.
Yes... the key is making the e-book buying process so easy and affordable that people won't bother to pirate them. Lower prices (and more extensive catalogs) are the most needed to accomplish that.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote