View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 02:02 PM   #22
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ak Mike View Post
Because the incremental cost of selling electronically is near zero, it should be a no-brainer to push e-sales over paper sales
Did you use No Brainer and publisher in the same sentence

Seriously, I think its more a question of Fear then anything else.

They know that the current Status Quo is not helping them but they still cling to it as a matter of familiarity. I.e. Better the Devil you Know Mentality.

Another Problem appers to be that the people making the decisions have a very romanticised view of Paper books, and cannot believe that anyone would by choice not share their passion for them. To them its an either or Decision, and they are firmly in the Paper camp.

There is also a perception, at least among some publishers that eBooks are a "lesser form" , and anyone who is gauche enough to get them deserves what they get. There was a guest post on Teleread (Which I can't find right now) a couple of months ago by someone who works in Publishing, who mentione some (Not all) of these sentiments.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote