View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 07:44 AM   #4
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Hi Dave,

I have only a small knowledge of the LRF format - there's an easily accessible GIF in most files, but I don't know how to find the higher res images that may be in the file at the moment. There isn't any readily available clear documentation at present.

Worse, kovidgoyal says that there is no definitive cover image marker - Calibre just makes an educated guess.

I don't have the time at present to put into decoding the LRF format, especially as I have a CyBook Gen 3 and I'm mostly interested in Mobipocket format files.

If anyone can provide an algorithm to locate a likely hi-res cover image in an LRF file, I'll have a go. I'm not familiar enough with Python to follow through the Calibre source. (Also, the Calibre source is BIG!)

As for showing the first page - this is, of course, possible with a QuickLook plug-in, but would require far more work than I can put in. It would need to have a complete BBeB/LRF renderer in the plug-in to create a suitable image.

Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveNB View Post
Paul,

Thanks for the Quick Look plugin. It works great when the book has a high res cover. Though some covers (I suspect these LRF's actually have high res covers, ie. the D'Artangnan 4 book series recently posted show up with low res Quick Look preview) come across when opened with Quick Look as very low res/downsampled/pixelated.

Any way to have the book show the title page or first page of text in the absence of a Cover graphic?

Thanks again,

Dave
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote