Thread: Glo Glo and Calibre
View Single Post
Old 04-30-2013, 09:21 PM   #1
tkavan
Groupie
tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.tkavan can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Glo, Kindle Paperwhite
Glo and Calibre

I'm trying to put .rtf files on an SD card to read on my Glo, and am running into a problem. Sometimes the files transfer OK. Other times Calibre says it can't connect to the Glo because of a communication error. This can happen in the same session: one book will transfer OK, and the next one won't.

The files are magazine articles that I edited in Word and saved as rft.

Calibre is ver 0.9.28 [64 bit]
Glo is ver 2.5.1
Windows 8
Lots of room on the SD card

Any help would be appreciated.

Here are the details of the error message:

(1117, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.')

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 85, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 551, in _upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\kobo\driver.py", line 1758, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 256, in upload_books
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 986, in _sanity_check
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 177, in free_space
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\device.py", line 134, in _windows_space
error: (1117, 'GetDiskFreeSpace', 'The request could not be performed because of an I/O device error.')
tkavan is offline   Reply With Quote