View Single Post
Old 02-22-2013, 03:30 AM   #46
Mrs_Often
Wizard
Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mrs_Often ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Glo, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffR View Post
With my reader mounted on /media/KOBOeReader, in
"/media/KOBOeReader/.kobo/Kobo/Kobo eReader.conf" there is an entry:

[ApplicationPreferences]
CurrentLocale=en_US

I changed en_US to en_NZ, powered my Glo off then back on, and now it displays the date in proper NZ format DD/MM/YY instead MM/DD/YY.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs_Often View Post
[...] en_GB gives ddmmyy dates and 24h clock (hadn't expected that).

BEWARE!!! Changing the locale also changes your time zone!

It did for me anyway. I happily read right into the night on UK time... and then my alarm clock woke me up in NL time. Not fun!

Changing my time zone back to NL luckily did not affect my locale settings. Still on ddmmyyyy and 24 hours

EDIT: Hmmmmm that's not to say it won't change back to UK time zone after a sync...

Last edited by Mrs_Often; 02-22-2013 at 03:33 AM.
Mrs_Often is offline   Reply With Quote