View Single Post
Old 10-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #25
Zzyzx
Enthusiast
Zzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura aboutZzyzx has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Opus, Odyssey Frontlight, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by elemenoP View Post
She lives in Norway. Is she legally allowed to buy ebooks from EITHER Amazon.co.uk OR Amazon.com?

eP
Yes. What makes you think we're not allowed? Amazon.com sells an international Kindle to Norwegian customers, even with whispernet access. An extensive library of e-books is available to us.

This is why I always run my newly bought e-books through Calibre and a few select add-ons. I could of course go completely pirate but I think authors deserve at least some money for their books. Funny thing is, if I want to pay for books, Amazon provides the path of least resistance for us Norwegians.

If Amazon tries to pull similar crap with me, I will probably try to get help from Norwegian consumer authorities. The same guys that made Apple drop DRM in iTunes a few years ago.
Zzyzx is offline   Reply With Quote