View Single Post
Old 01-29-2012, 02:44 AM   #1
thatworkshop
hub
thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thatworkshop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3G, DXG, Kobo mini
Audio recorder and player for KT

Yes there is no incorporated software to use microphone in Kindle Touch but that doesn't mean we can't use it!
I wrote a very simple audio recorder and player. It might help in case you want to record something and you don't have your cellphone handy! Well this has more applications ...

O start recording
[] stop recording
> start playback
|| stop playback

Prerequisites:
- usbnetwork
- GUI Launcher

Install procedure:
0. Do you have SSH access to your Kindle?! If not, read this: USBNetwork
1. extract zip file to /mnt/us/
2. execute 'restart framework' through SSH
3. Guess what? -> Done!

Karma and happiness to all of you wonderfulz!

Details:
Spoiler:
- In the menu.json, as I didn't know how many other launchers each user has, I just set priority to 20. Feel free to change it.
- I use alsa player to play the latest created wav file. Unfortunately MP3 Player can't play this record as it's not MP3 but you can play it by mplayer or converting it using lame.
[ NOTE that all in all the quality is alright but for some reason it has such a low volume when played on the device! The volume is good when recorded wav is played on a computer. Make sure to max the volume by alsamixer. ]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-01-29T03_14_41-0400.gif
Views:	2341
Size:	22.1 KB
ID:	81850   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-01-29T03_15_11-0400.gif
Views:	2013
Size:	20.7 KB
ID:	81851  
Attached Files
File Type: zip audio-recorder-player.zip (2.0 KB, 1500 views)

Last edited by thatworkshop; 06-16-2012 at 03:36 AM. Reason: Added noob-friendlier "Install procedure"
thatworkshop is offline   Reply With Quote