View Single Post
Old 11-19-2010, 06:47 AM   #1
PKFFW
Wizard
PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PKFFW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo H2O
Cool reader and E-Book reader differences?

I have a Bebook V3 and have been using OI for about a year now. I'm currently using version 0.2.2. Generally very happy with it. I pretty much only use epub format these days and up till now I've always just opened the file using the default epub reader which seems to be called "E-book reader".

Currently I'm reading The Evolutionary Void by Peter Hamilton and I've noticed some issues. The indents at the start of each paragraph were not being displayed. Also, the text seemed to be aligned to the left with a ragged right edge rather than being justified. I had all the normal settings so I have no idea why it was being displayed this way. Using E-book reader everything written in italics was displayed in italics.

So I opened it with Coolreader. Now the text is justified and the paragraph indents are displayed. Good stuff. Unfortunately anything in italics is not being displayed in italics but instead in regular type.

So can anyone explain why coolreader and E-Book reader display the same epub file in two different ways in OI?

I've also noticed that more often than not the italics in epub files are not displayed in italics for some reason. Even when using the default reader. I was actually a little surprised to seem them displayed in The Evolutionary Void. Once I got used to seeing them again I now really miss them.

Also, can anyone suggest a firmware for the Bebook that I might try that could resolve these issues?

Cheers,
PKFFW