View Single Post
Old 11-08-2010, 04:24 PM   #7
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
You can use Sony's ePubs fine. You have to use Adobe Digital Editions as they have ADE DRM. I also use my library's Overdrive ePubs and PDFs. B&N seems to have a proprietary DRM so you probably can't use Nook-formatted books. (I can't test with free ebooks because the download doesn't work in Canada).

I've also bought ePubs from FictionWise and downloaded some free stuff that was not DRMed from misc sources.

BTW, if you are not doing so already, it's a good idea to download your Kobo books in ePub format as backup. You will need Adobe Digital Editions. For each book, click the button to download ePub, which actually dowloads a small .acsm file. Double click on the .acsm file and it will download the actual ePub and open in ADE. You don't need to load it on your Kobo, but now you have that file on your computer and not just your Kobo.
This is GREAT information - thanks so much!

I am not really too informed on what I can do with these books after I buy them. Once I have saved them on my PC, can I share them with my friends - or only another family member that can synch their ereader to my PC?

Last edited by pokee; 11-08-2010 at 04:31 PM.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote